Although I’ve had a little break from blogging recently, today I felt inspired to share a recipe. Lately, I’ve been watching a lot of food-TV. By that I mean Masterchef, Jamie’s 15 Minute Meals, basically any food-oriented program on TV. Naturally, I felt inspired to get a little creative with my food today, so this blog post is to share a recipe with you.
- Cous cous
- 1 Poached egg
- 1 slice of ham
- 5 plum tomatoes
- Garlic salt
- Olive oil
- First, begin your base by washing and laying down about two leaves of lettuce.
- Next, chop your cucumber into small cubes and sprinkle over your salad.
- If you’re using dried cous cous, prepare it now and place on top of your bed of lettuce.
- Begin to poach your egg- I use an egg-poaching specific pan for this because I find it easier. If you don’t like poached egg, boiled or fried egg would work just as well with this salad.
- Place your plum tomatoes on a grill for a few minutes, then turn over and grill the other side.
- Tear one slice of ham and scatter on top of your salad.
- Put your poached egg on top of your cous cous.
- Place your warm tomatoes around the side of your dish.
Now, for seasoning.
This can vary depending on your tastes but for this dish I sprinkled salt, pepper and garlic salt over the top of the dish and finished with a drizzle of olive oil.
For an extra kick you could try a vinegarette or balsamic vinegar.